Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Aunt Bea Has Been Adopted!


Aunt Bea has been adopted! Our little pittie girl who is deaf and has a slight hip displacia has found her forever loving home. She lives with her Staff-boy "Bruce". More later on how they met and their life together...
I have been meaning to update you. They are definitely a handful, all they want to do is play. The day I brought her home she did not sleep at all, they played up to the time we all went to bed. I think I should have restricted it and made them have down time. Leona changes her name all the time, she calls her Shorty now and most of us haven't caught up with the change. I did take some pictures, but at the moment I can't find my camera. I'm trying to develop a schedule for them. She definitely hates her crate. She's in there now, it's been about ten minutes and she is still going. We did just get in from playing outside. I've been letting them play in the hose everyday trying to wear them out. I've also been letting them play tug of war because it seems to keep them from nipping and biting each other and when Bruce gets it away he runs so she has to chase him. Should I be doing this or am I causing trouble for the future? Do you think they will ever want to stop playing and just hang out? They don't fight but their play is so aggressive. They do exchange the dominate role all the time, so I know they are still playing. Their necks show the signs of roughhousing, especially Bruce. When she is laying on the couch Bruce is right by her licking all over her face and mouth. Of course Leona thinks they are making out. Bruce rarely leaves her side. Everyone that has seen her can't believe how beautiful she is, and she does well with anyone that comes around the house. She sleeps with Leona all night. She is fascinated with Leona's fish, at first they scared her. She loves chasing shadows and she is very interested in little lights, computer lights and surge protector lights. It's more like she can't figure them out. We are definitely in love with her and so glad we have her. As soon as I find my camera I will get some of the pictures to you. She's still in her cage and still hating it. You two have a great day and I will update again soon.

Shorty's grandma,
Cheryl

No comments: